The only criteria is that they are healthy, nourishing, delicious and easy to prepare.
Please state if they are vegetarian, vegan, gluten, nut or dairy free.
To start, as part of the last Revive me Women’s wellness retreat in May,
Here is a recent recipe that we prepared as a group interactive meal.
This soup is a light meal or accompaniment eaten any time of day. A heartily soup for cool nights! This recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. Hot and sour soup is somewhat light, so feel free to add in some square silken tofu.
* 6 cups vegetable broth
* 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (Chinese wood ear mushrooms or shiitake are best)
* 1 small can bamboo shoots (Finely chopped)
* 1 small can water chestnuts (Chopped into bite size pieces)
* Sliced carrots and coriander as garnish.
* 2 tbsp soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp pepper
* 1 tsp hot sauce
* 2 tbsp vinegar
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup green onions sliced
* 2 tbsp chili oil
Bring vegetable broth to a simmer and add all the ingredients, except the scallions and chili oil.
Allow to simmer for at least 20 minutes.
Add the scallions and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Add with sliced carrots and coriander as garnish.
Serve while hot.
More recipes to come!